Marketing Director (Field Marketing & Verticals) – California
About the company:
NetBase is a leading social analytics start-up, chosen by world-famous brands such as Coca Cola, Johnson & Johnson, Ralph Lauren, Yum Foods and Nickelodeon to deliver social, live analytics for action – through industry leading speed and accuracy.
Located in Mountain View, California, NetBase is dedicated to leading the way for how business can use Social analytics for real ROI and action. We are now expanding our team with talented individuals, that play to win and work as team players, and care about building a culture of respect, integrity and agility – for amazing outcomes
The Marketing Director – Field Marketing & Verticals, reporting to our Chief Marketing Officer, will be responsible for creating and executing vertical marketing programs that build awareness, generate leads, strengthen relationships, and otherwise assist Field Sales in increasing win rates with Agencies and Brands. This candidate will be equally at ease with strategy and execution in an agile environment.
This position is based at NetBase headquarters in Mountain View, but requires global collaboration.
- Lead development of field marketing strategies and vertical programs that help acquire new customers, retain existing customers and deliver growth across both Brands and Agencies. Aiming for at least 5 vertical programs annually.
- Develops and maintains strong relationships with Field Sales, Pre-sales, and Account Management teams to support their goals and drive the collateral
- Leverage corporate marketing resources where needed (including design, content, events, branding, advertising and public relations)
- Partner with Product Marketing for commercial intelligence, creation of field communication and collateral, and partner with Lead/Web marketing on go-to-market calendar and requirements, inclusive of delivering testimonials from existing customers
- Develop local and regional relationships with industry organizations
- Participate and present externally as needed (events, customers, other)
- A change agent that can support ad hoc projects as needed by the business
Personal and Interpersonal Competencies:
- Able to multi-task, and diligent to the extreme
- Comfortable with detail
- Enjoys working with a highly energetic team that is demanding but also supportive
- Not easily frustrated with changing assignments and fluid priorities
- Able to effectively support field team working remotely
- Proven leadership experience in delivering marketing within a SaaS environment for B2B and business software or eco-systems
- 8+ years of Marketing experience in solving to win with Marketing with Enterprise customers, with Vertical or Field Marketing expertise a major plus
- Demonstrates success in spinning product weaknesses and strengths into commercial innovation and messaging that works for Sales and Pre-Sales
- Agile in reporting back competitive intelligence from Sales to Product Marketing, in collaborating with Pre-Sales to prepare to win and in analyzing program impact
- Demonstrates excellent public speaking and presentation skills
- Strong global cross functional leader, who is open to some travel as needed
- Brings to work can-do-attitude every day
- Bachelor’s degree a minimum requirement, MBA preferred
Position will be based in Mountain View CA
Interested candidates may e-mail resumes directly to firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration