What is Social Listening?
Tuning into what consumers are saying tells you everything you could ever need to know about your audience – allowing you to say exactly the right thing when you speak.
3 Things you Need to Know
- Social media listening is searching the web and the social space to see what’s being said about your company, your competitors and other topics of interest.
- There are dozens of different ways to use social listening for your business.
- Natural language processing (NLP) is key to obtaining accurate customer sentiment.
What is "Social Listening" for
Are demographics useless then? No – but they’re not the end-all-be-all. Demographics give you a starting point – that audience you assume you have. But when you delve into psychographic attributes you’re often surprised to discover your audience is more expansive than you realized.
How to gain better results with Social Listening?
- Segments of “feel-alike” users – those with shared interests they are passionate about, because emotion is what drives social sharing.
- Which channels your audience is most active on – they might not be the ones you expect.
- The content, topics, and trends your audience can’t help but interact with and share.
- Who your Advocates and Influencers are that drive the most engagement.
- Where is the most opportunity to connect with audiences psychographic attributes.
Social Listening Articles
When exploring health and wellness needs, in-depth patient understanding is a must. And that calls for sophisticated social listening that takes providers beyond word clouds and other surface understanding to meaningful, actionable insight. Digitas Health, an...
It’s no surprise that new online stores are opening up faster than brick and mortar, but the fact that they’ve begun to displace in-person shopping is concerning. Retailers' landscape is changing, and brands must get their social listening and market intelligence...
Are you unsure of how social data is captured and applied? Maybe you’re even working what social listening captures exactly? You’re in good company, as many brands are keen on capturing ‘social insight’ but aren’t really sure of what they should be looking for in a...