What is Social Listening?
Tuning into what consumers are saying tells you everything you could ever need to know about your audience – allowing you to say exactly the right thing when you speak.
3 Things you Need to Know
- Social media listening is searching the web and the social space to see what’s being said about your company, your competitors and other topics of interest.
- There are dozens of different ways to use social listening for your business.
- Natural language processing (NLP) is key to obtaining accurate customer sentiment.
What is "Social Listening" for
Are demographics useless then? No – but they’re not the end-all-be-all. Demographics give you a starting point – that audience you assume you have. But when you delve into psychographic attributes you’re often surprised to discover your audience is more expansive than you realized.
How to gain better results with Social Listening?
- Segments of “feel-alike” users – those with shared interests they are passionate about, because emotion is what drives social sharing.
- Which channels your audience is most active on – they might not be the ones you expect.
- The content, topics, and trends your audience can’t help but interact with and share.
- Who your Advocates and Influencers are that drive the most engagement.
- Where is the most opportunity to connect with audiences psychographic attributes.
Social Listening Articles
Spring Break is time for college kids and families to escape for a bit from the stresses of everyday life, but sentiment around travel is a bit shaky this year. With social listening and market research, we’re seeing some stress accompanying the planning process right...
Burger King did something crazy last week – crazy like a fox. By showing its burger become super gross over time, it created buzz that has to be leaving competitors clamoring for a taste of BK’s online savvy. How did the king of burgers come up with an idea the...
When exploring health and wellness needs, in-depth patient understanding is a must. And that calls for sophisticated social listening that takes providers beyond word clouds and other surface understanding to meaningful, actionable insight. Digitas Health, an...