What is Social Listening?
Tuning into what consumers are saying tells you everything you could ever need to know about your audience – allowing you to say exactly the right thing when you speak.
3 Things you Need to Know
- Social media listening is searching the web and the social space to see what’s being said about your company, your competitors and other topics of interest.
- There are dozens of different ways to use social listening for your business.
- Natural language processing (NLP) is key to obtaining accurate customer sentiment.
What is "Social Listening" for
Are demographics useless then? No – but they’re not the end-all-be-all. Demographics give you a starting point – that audience you assume you have. But when you delve into psychographic attributes you’re often surprised to discover your audience is more expansive than you realized.
How to gain better results with Social Listening?
- Segments of “feel-alike” users – those with shared interests they are passionate about, because emotion is what drives social sharing.
- Which channels your audience is most active on – they might not be the ones you expect.
- The content, topics, and trends your audience can’t help but interact with and share.
- Who your Advocates and Influencers are that drive the most engagement.
- Where is the most opportunity to connect with audiences psychographic attributes.
Social Listening Articles
There’s a lot to love about SPAM, but who knew it would be winning this much love in such an impossible market? But it has. Having just recorded its fifth straight year of record-breaking sales, does SPAM know something other brands don’t? Next generation AI-powered...
Trends change, technology advances, and correspondingly, social analytics and social media management tools become increasingly more powerful. What are the top social media tools to have on your radar in 2020? We have an updated list! Already know what kind of new...
What do you get when you cross powerful brand marketing with live television? A viral marketing moment where you see all of your targeted social listening pay off. For example, did you know that Popeye the Sailor Man prefers chicken now? Thanks to Popeye’s branding...