What is Social Listening?
Tuning into what consumers are saying tells you everything you could ever need to know about your audience – allowing you to say exactly the right thing when you speak.
3 Things you Need to Know
- Social media listening is searching the web and the social space to see what’s being said about your company, your competitors and other topics of interest.
- There are dozens of different ways to use social listening for your business.
- Natural language processing (NLP) is key to obtaining accurate customer sentiment.
What is "Social Listening" for
Are demographics useless then? No – but they’re not the end-all-be-all. Demographics give you a starting point – that audience you assume you have. But when you delve into psychographic attributes you’re often surprised to discover your audience is more expansive than you realized.
How to gain better results with Social Listening?
- Segments of “feel-alike” users – those with shared interests they are passionate about, because emotion is what drives social sharing.
- Which channels your audience is most active on – they might not be the ones you expect.
- The content, topics, and trends your audience can’t help but interact with and share.
- Who your Advocates and Influencers are that drive the most engagement.
- Where is the most opportunity to connect with audiences psychographic attributes.
Social Listening Articles
Celebrity products are nothing new. But in this digital age, celebrity backing can lead to products becoming viral and selling out instantly, particularly when supported by social listening. Here’s how it looks and why every brand, including celebrity-backed concerns,...
Just because you're taking the day off to celebrate, doesn't mean your social listening platform should. Customers are talking during the holidays, and we're listening for you! Happy New Year! - NetBase
Standing out online requires differentiation from competitors. This is entirely workable, as every brand has a unique voice to share with the world. And finding what that is – from a consumer standpoint - requires social analytics. Here’s how to harness online (and...