What is Social Listening?
Tuning into what consumers are saying tells you everything you could ever need to know about your audience – allowing you to say exactly the right thing when you speak.
3 Things you Need to Know
- Social media listening is searching the web and the social space to see what’s being said about your company, your competitors and other topics of interest.
- There are dozens of different ways to use social listening for your business.
- Natural language processing (NLP) is key to obtaining accurate customer sentiment.
What is "Social Listening" for
Are demographics useless then? No – but they’re not the end-all-be-all. Demographics give you a starting point – that audience you assume you have. But when you delve into psychographic attributes you’re often surprised to discover your audience is more expansive than you realized.
How to gain better results with Social Listening?
- Segments of “feel-alike” users – those with shared interests they are passionate about, because emotion is what drives social sharing.
- Which channels your audience is most active on – they might not be the ones you expect.
- The content, topics, and trends your audience can’t help but interact with and share.
- Who your Advocates and Influencers are that drive the most engagement.
- Where is the most opportunity to connect with audiences psychographic attributes.
Social Listening Articles
Like many industries worldwide, the luxury goods market has had its hands full. Many brands are still adjusting alongside the coronavirus, yet the social concerns of customers continue to evolve as well. Here, we’ll take a look at some of the changes taking place in...
We all know that trends change - do we ever this year! And as they change, technology advances to keep pace. And correspondingly, social analytics and social media management tools become increasingly more powerful. Which we're super lucky to have at our disposal, but...
When it comes to capturing social data and putting it to good use, many brands are left a bit baffled. Was does social listening capture exactly? You’re in good company if you have questions, as many brands are keen on capturing ‘social insight’ but aren’t really sure...