What is Social Listening?
Tuning into what consumers are saying tells you everything you could ever need to know about your audience – allowing you to say exactly the right thing when you speak.
3 Things you Need to Know
- Social media listening is searching the web and the social space to see what’s being said about your company, your competitors and other topics of interest.
- There are dozens of different ways to use social listening for your business.
- Natural language processing (NLP) is key to obtaining accurate customer sentiment.
What is "Social Listening" for
Are demographics useless then? No – but they’re not the end-all-be-all. Demographics give you a starting point – that audience you assume you have. But when you delve into psychographic attributes you’re often surprised to discover your audience is more expansive than you realized.
How to gain better results with Social Listening?
- Segments of “feel-alike” users – those with shared interests they are passionate about, because emotion is what drives social sharing.
- Which channels your audience is most active on – they might not be the ones you expect.
- The content, topics, and trends your audience can’t help but interact with and share.
- Who your Advocates and Influencers are that drive the most engagement.
- Where is the most opportunity to connect with audiences psychographic attributes.
Social Listening Articles
Buyer personas aren’t a new thing in marketing – but you do need a new approach to get the most value from them in today’s markets. Netnography is essential to your success – but what even is that? Netnography Defined Coined in 1995 by marketing professor Robert...
If you’re using social media to promote your brand at all, you probably already know how important Instagram is. With more than one billion active monthly users, this is a channel all brands can use. And you’ll get even better results if you avoid these five mistakes....
Leveraging social media means being where your audience is – and for almost every brand or business in 2019, that means Instagram. This isn’t a shocking revelation when you consider how photo-obsessed we’ve become in the digital age – with every smartphone sporting...