What is Social Listening?
Tuning into what consumers are saying tells you everything you could ever need to know about your audience – allowing you to say exactly the right thing when you speak.
3 Things you Need to Know
- Social media listening is searching the web and the social space to see what’s being said about your company, your competitors and other topics of interest.
- There are dozens of different ways to use social listening for your business.
- Natural language processing (NLP) is key to obtaining accurate customer sentiment.
What is "Social Listening" for
Are demographics useless then? No – but they’re not the end-all-be-all. Demographics give you a starting point – that audience you assume you have. But when you delve into psychographic attributes you’re often surprised to discover your audience is more expansive than you realized.
How to gain better results with Social Listening?
- Segments of “feel-alike” users – those with shared interests they are passionate about, because emotion is what drives social sharing.
- Which channels your audience is most active on – they might not be the ones you expect.
- The content, topics, and trends your audience can’t help but interact with and share.
- Who your Advocates and Influencers are that drive the most engagement.
- Where is the most opportunity to connect with audiences psychographic attributes.
Social Listening Articles
There are few things most workers despise more than going to work on Monday morning, and chief among them is the morning commute. Now imagine paying £32 a day to travel to work on top of it and you can take that hate and spray it with glitter, so it can be an...
We don’t do what we do for accolades, but sometimes – while solving brand challenges with social analytics tools – we receive them anyway. Thus, we’re honored NetBase was among the select companies that Forrester invited to participate in the Q3 2018 Forrester...
There’s lots you can pop in to a convenience store for these days, and for good reason – Amazon has made it super simple to get most needs with a few clicks, so brick and mortar ‘one stop shops’ have had to up the ante to stay relevant. And that quest, powered by...