What is Social Listening?
Tuning into what consumers are saying tells you everything you could ever need to know about your audience – allowing you to say exactly the right thing when you speak.
3 Things you Need to Know
- Social media listening is searching the web and the social space to see what’s being said about your company, your competitors and other topics of interest.
- There are dozens of different ways to use social listening for your business.
- Natural language processing (NLP) is key to obtaining accurate customer sentiment.
What is "Social Listening" for
Are demographics useless then? No – but they’re not the end-all-be-all. Demographics give you a starting point – that audience you assume you have. But when you delve into psychographic attributes you’re often surprised to discover your audience is more expansive than you realized.
How to gain better results with Social Listening?
- Segments of “feel-alike” users – those with shared interests they are passionate about, because emotion is what drives social sharing.
- Which channels your audience is most active on – they might not be the ones you expect.
- The content, topics, and trends your audience can’t help but interact with and share.
- Who your Advocates and Influencers are that drive the most engagement.
- Where is the most opportunity to connect with audiences psychographic attributes.
Social Listening Articles
With hit after hit coming hard at society, it is crucial for brands to be perceived as supportive/understanding. It's also important for that brand perception to be solidly established ahead of a crisis. At times like these, brand perception is more important than...
The travel industry has taken one of the biggest hits since the pandemic struck, leaving many to wonder if and when it will get back to what we once knew. And while this may be the case, winning brands aren’t waiting around to find out. They’re accommodating the...
Consumers and brands are finding bright spots in what has been a dark time. One unlikely offering is an upstart toilet tissue brand that is taking a swipe at the big rolls! Let’s see why they’re generating buzz and what “butt crumble” is all about. There is a renewed...