What is Social Listening?
Tuning into what consumers are saying tells you everything you could ever need to know about your audience – allowing you to say exactly the right thing when you speak.
3 Things you Need to Know
- Social media listening is searching the web and the social space to see what’s being said about your company, your competitors and other topics of interest.
- There are dozens of different ways to use social listening for your business.
- Natural language processing (NLP) is key to obtaining accurate customer sentiment.
What is "Social Listening" for
Are demographics useless then? No – but they’re not the end-all-be-all. Demographics give you a starting point – that audience you assume you have. But when you delve into psychographic attributes you’re often surprised to discover your audience is more expansive than you realized.
How to gain better results with Social Listening?
- Segments of “feel-alike” users – those with shared interests they are passionate about, because emotion is what drives social sharing.
- Which channels your audience is most active on – they might not be the ones you expect.
- The content, topics, and trends your audience can’t help but interact with and share.
- Who your Advocates and Influencers are that drive the most engagement.
- Where is the most opportunity to connect with audiences psychographic attributes.
Social Listening Articles
In the U.S., people are becoming more anxious to see stores and businesses re-open. But when they do open, will people come? To answer this, we must view consumer readiness through the lens of COVID-19 – and against the backdrop of how this is progressing in Europe....
Star Wars fans are delighted at Disney+ for all their many offerings, from the original Star Wars movies to the new Mandalorian series. As May 4th approaches, Disney+ is battling COVID-19 by showing consumers and fans across the globe that the power of the fourth is...
Brands need a powerful and strategic decision-making tool that can help them uncover organic conversations surrounding not only their business, but competitors and other topics of interest. And companies like 113 Industries use next generation AI-powered social...