What is Social Listening?
Tuning into what consumers are saying tells you everything you could ever need to know about your audience – allowing you to say exactly the right thing when you speak.
3 Things you Need to Know
- Social media listening is searching the web and the social space to see what’s being said about your company, your competitors and other topics of interest.
- There are dozens of different ways to use social listening for your business.
- Natural language processing (NLP) is key to obtaining accurate customer sentiment.
What is "Social Listening" for
Are demographics useless then? No – but they’re not the end-all-be-all. Demographics give you a starting point – that audience you assume you have. But when you delve into psychographic attributes you’re often surprised to discover your audience is more expansive than you realized.
How to gain better results with Social Listening?
- Segments of “feel-alike” users – those with shared interests they are passionate about, because emotion is what drives social sharing.
- Which channels your audience is most active on – they might not be the ones you expect.
- The content, topics, and trends your audience can’t help but interact with and share.
- Who your Advocates and Influencers are that drive the most engagement.
- Where is the most opportunity to connect with audiences psychographic attributes.
Social Listening Articles
Social listening solutions offer businesses so much customer experience insight, and it’s important to know how to capture every last bit of it - and to know what to do with it when you have it! This is where complementary products come in. We have guidance for you...
So many trends, so little time. But there are quite a few around sustainability that your brand might be missing and may not want to! They include hemp, heme and other sustainable trends that we will explore below. Hemp Hit the Scene and Changed Things Since hemp has...
Today is the first day of a week-long global climate strike, and if your brand hasn’t taken note of this event yet, it may want to start now. Here’s why so many brands are participating in some way, along with the online sentiment that’s informing their efforts. Greta...