What is Social Listening?
Tuning into what consumers are saying tells you everything you could ever need to know about your audience – allowing you to say exactly the right thing when you speak.
3 Things you Need to Know
- Social media listening is searching the web and the social space to see what’s being said about your company, your competitors and other topics of interest.
- There are dozens of different ways to use social listening for your business.
- Natural language processing (NLP) is key to obtaining accurate customer sentiment.
What is "Social Listening" for
Are demographics useless then? No – but they’re not the end-all-be-all. Demographics give you a starting point – that audience you assume you have. But when you delve into psychographic attributes you’re often surprised to discover your audience is more expansive than you realized.
How to gain better results with Social Listening?
- Segments of “feel-alike” users – those with shared interests they are passionate about, because emotion is what drives social sharing.
- Which channels your audience is most active on – they might not be the ones you expect.
- The content, topics, and trends your audience can’t help but interact with and share.
- Who your Advocates and Influencers are that drive the most engagement.
- Where is the most opportunity to connect with audiences psychographic attributes.
Social Listening Articles
Images aren't just worth a thousand words - today, they're worth a thousand tweets, or texts, or anything potentially viral. Life is fast-paced and social images are part of – and a result of – that pace. And they're send out webwide at breakneck speed. Why type or...
The new normal finds consumers showing erratic behavior when choosing where to spend their money. Maintaining brand loyalty seems to be a thing of the past as consumers are likely to jump ship during a crisis. Here’s what you can do about that! Consumer devotion has...
Differentiating your brand requires next level consumer understanding. And NetBase Certification helps brands and agencies become expert at this through targeted, in-depth explorations of social analytics capabilities. We’re sharing a sampling of this expertise below!...