What is Social Listening?
Tuning into what consumers are saying tells you everything you could ever need to know about your audience – allowing you to say exactly the right thing when you speak.
3 Things you Need to Know
- Social media listening is searching the web and the social space to see what’s being said about your company, your competitors and other topics of interest.
- There are dozens of different ways to use social listening for your business.
- Natural language processing (NLP) is key to obtaining accurate customer sentiment.
What is "Social Listening" for
Are demographics useless then? No – but they’re not the end-all-be-all. Demographics give you a starting point – that audience you assume you have. But when you delve into psychographic attributes you’re often surprised to discover your audience is more expansive than you realized.
How to gain better results with Social Listening?
- Segments of “feel-alike” users – those with shared interests they are passionate about, because emotion is what drives social sharing.
- Which channels your audience is most active on – they might not be the ones you expect.
- The content, topics, and trends your audience can’t help but interact with and share.
- Who your Advocates and Influencers are that drive the most engagement.
- Where is the most opportunity to connect with audiences psychographic attributes.
Social Listening Articles
Fashion influencer fraud is a troubling trend in the industry. Brands need to know how to spot fake fashionistas or they’re putting their brand – and marketing dollars – at risk. Currently costing brands more than one billion each year, fashion influencer fraud is big...
Brand perception is everything online. Understanding what consumers in your category think of your brand (and what they think of your competitors) will help you head off all kinds of crises. Social listening captures brand passion and tons of other relevant chatter to...
Understanding issues before they become “issues” is a super power – a sixth sense, of sorts. Social listening helps regular marketing mortals develop this ability. And monitoring niche audiences provides an exceptional access point for fine-tuning and implementing...