What is Social Listening?
Tuning into what consumers are saying tells you everything you could ever need to know about your audience – allowing you to say exactly the right thing when you speak.
3 Things you Need to Know
- Social media listening is searching the web and the social space to see what’s being said about your company, your competitors and other topics of interest.
- There are dozens of different ways to use social listening for your business.
- Natural language processing (NLP) is key to obtaining accurate customer sentiment.
What is "Social Listening" for
Are demographics useless then? No – but they’re not the end-all-be-all. Demographics give you a starting point – that audience you assume you have. But when you delve into psychographic attributes you’re often surprised to discover your audience is more expansive than you realized.
How to gain better results with Social Listening?
- Segments of “feel-alike” users – those with shared interests they are passionate about, because emotion is what drives social sharing.
- Which channels your audience is most active on – they might not be the ones you expect.
- The content, topics, and trends your audience can’t help but interact with and share.
- Who your Advocates and Influencers are that drive the most engagement.
- Where is the most opportunity to connect with audiences psychographic attributes.
Social Listening Articles
Everyone wants to be loved – brands included. But if consumers don't love you – that's on them, right? Nope. If consumers don't love you, it's definitely your problem. But it's one you can fix with social media listening. What I Like About You In romantic...
Even for hands-on style CEOs, social listening – and social marketing – can seem a bit mysterious. Here's how and why your marketing department is proving its worth and then some. Unlocking the secrets of your audience's deepest desires Whatever you think your...
The use cases for social listening don't stop at retail marketing. In fact, social analytics can support almost any brand or business endeavor. Here's how to use social listening to boost your upcoming events. The great idea you never knew you needed You may think "if...