What is Social Listening?
Tuning into what consumers are saying tells you everything you could ever need to know about your audience – allowing you to say exactly the right thing when you speak.
3 Things you Need to Know
- Social media listening is searching the web and the social space to see what’s being said about your company, your competitors and other topics of interest.
- There are dozens of different ways to use social listening for your business.
- Natural language processing (NLP) is key to obtaining accurate customer sentiment.
What is "Social Listening" for
Are demographics useless then? No – but they’re not the end-all-be-all. Demographics give you a starting point – that audience you assume you have. But when you delve into psychographic attributes you’re often surprised to discover your audience is more expansive than you realized.
How to gain better results with Social Listening?
- Segments of “feel-alike” users – those with shared interests they are passionate about, because emotion is what drives social sharing.
- Which channels your audience is most active on – they might not be the ones you expect.
- The content, topics, and trends your audience can’t help but interact with and share.
- Who your Advocates and Influencers are that drive the most engagement.
- Where is the most opportunity to connect with audiences psychographic attributes.
Social Listening Articles
What consumer data will inform brands and marketers in the future? And how will they access this data? We have some ideas. More connections = more to monitor Big Data is already powering the strategies of brands with regard to design, manufacturing, marketing, sales,...
All brands want to extend their marketing efforts while keeping costs low – which means passing the baton to influential consumers. But brand ambassador love only goes so far if you aren't incentivizing their efforts. Here are some motivational options that won't...
One of the best perks of social media is the way it democratizes marketing. With the help of devoted consumers, you can take your brand messaging farther than ever – without increasing your marketing budget. Here's how to use social listening to identify those...