What is Social Listening?
Tuning into what consumers are saying tells you everything you could ever need to know about your audience – allowing you to say exactly the right thing when you speak.
3 Things you Need to Know
- Social media listening is searching the web and the social space to see what’s being said about your company, your competitors and other topics of interest.
- There are dozens of different ways to use social listening for your business.
- Natural language processing (NLP) is key to obtaining accurate customer sentiment.
What is "Social Listening" for
Are demographics useless then? No – but they’re not the end-all-be-all. Demographics give you a starting point – that audience you assume you have. But when you delve into psychographic attributes you’re often surprised to discover your audience is more expansive than you realized.
How to gain better results with Social Listening?
- Segments of “feel-alike” users – those with shared interests they are passionate about, because emotion is what drives social sharing.
- Which channels your audience is most active on – they might not be the ones you expect.
- The content, topics, and trends your audience can’t help but interact with and share.
- Who your Advocates and Influencers are that drive the most engagement.
- Where is the most opportunity to connect with audiences psychographic attributes.
Social Listening Articles
May is arguably the month with the most whimsical start. From *NSYNC and Dream Girls memes, to Star Wars Day (May the 4th) and Cinco de Mayo (the 5th), there's a lot for brands to have fun with in their social listening this month. Here's how. Don't Go In Blind Before...
Modern marketing is a delicate balancing act. Should brands decide what they're about and hope they find an audience that cares, or should they adapt to consumer preferences? Social listening lets you do a bit of both. You Are Your Audience Whether you're just getting...
What does customer care mean, and how/when do you focus on it? The answers are: always, and by applying social listening. Let's use the NetBase Travel And Hospitality Industry Best Practices Guide 2018 to illustrate. The Trouble with Travel Hospitality is a...