What is Social Listening?
Tuning into what consumers are saying tells you everything you could ever need to know about your audience – allowing you to say exactly the right thing when you speak.
3 Things you Need to Know
- Social media listening is searching the web and the social space to see what’s being said about your company, your competitors and other topics of interest.
- There are dozens of different ways to use social listening for your business.
- Natural language processing (NLP) is key to obtaining accurate customer sentiment.
What is "Social Listening" for
Are demographics useless then? No – but they’re not the end-all-be-all. Demographics give you a starting point – that audience you assume you have. But when you delve into psychographic attributes you’re often surprised to discover your audience is more expansive than you realized.
How to gain better results with Social Listening?
- Segments of “feel-alike” users – those with shared interests they are passionate about, because emotion is what drives social sharing.
- Which channels your audience is most active on – they might not be the ones you expect.
- The content, topics, and trends your audience can’t help but interact with and share.
- Who your Advocates and Influencers are that drive the most engagement.
- Where is the most opportunity to connect with audiences psychographic attributes.
Social Listening Articles
Social media monitoring is not the same as social media listening, and you may be confusing the two! Does it really matter if you are? Well, it may matter if you think processing what you see offers different intel (and requires different attention) from processing...
Like all years, 2018 offered a number of lessons in how to break new ground using social media. It also reminded us how easily things can go off track when you’re not using social listening to guide your efforts. Here are some criteria top brands pay attention to, and...
Leaving shopping and Black Friday insanity to the side, is there anything more Christmasy than Christmas music? We both love it and love to hate it, and many a musician has discovered – and harnessed – our passion about it all around. This year is no different . . ....