What is Social Listening?
Tuning into what consumers are saying tells you everything you could ever need to know about your audience – allowing you to say exactly the right thing when you speak.
3 Things you Need to Know
- Social media listening is searching the web and the social space to see what’s being said about your company, your competitors and other topics of interest.
- There are dozens of different ways to use social listening for your business.
- Natural language processing (NLP) is key to obtaining accurate customer sentiment.
What is "Social Listening" for
Are demographics useless then? No – but they’re not the end-all-be-all. Demographics give you a starting point – that audience you assume you have. But when you delve into psychographic attributes you’re often surprised to discover your audience is more expansive than you realized.
How to gain better results with Social Listening?
- Segments of “feel-alike” users – those with shared interests they are passionate about, because emotion is what drives social sharing.
- Which channels your audience is most active on – they might not be the ones you expect.
- The content, topics, and trends your audience can’t help but interact with and share.
- Who your Advocates and Influencers are that drive the most engagement.
- Where is the most opportunity to connect with audiences psychographic attributes.
Social Listening Articles
Keeping costs low is a goal for any brand or business, but for those in the nonprofit sector, it's paramount to staying afloat. Social listening in such cases is not a luxury – it's a life preserver. Here's why, using the International Peace Institute (IPI) as an...
With St. Patrick's Day this weekend, luck will be a big topic for many – along with who is more Irish than whom. When it comes to social media listening, however, luck is nice – but it shouldn't be your only strategy. What is luck, anyway? If Roman philosopher Seneca...
As Selection Sunday hits this weekend, coworkers around the country will distribute March Madness bracket sheets to get their office pools going. How can your brand get in on the fun? Let's do a little social media listening with Instant Search to gauge the...