What is Social Listening?
Tuning into what consumers are saying tells you everything you could ever need to know about your audience – allowing you to say exactly the right thing when you speak.
3 Things you Need to Know
- Social media listening is searching the web and the social space to see what’s being said about your company, your competitors and other topics of interest.
- There are dozens of different ways to use social listening for your business.
- Natural language processing (NLP) is key to obtaining accurate customer sentiment.
What is "Social Listening" for
Are demographics useless then? No – but they’re not the end-all-be-all. Demographics give you a starting point – that audience you assume you have. But when you delve into psychographic attributes you’re often surprised to discover your audience is more expansive than you realized.
How to gain better results with Social Listening?
- Segments of “feel-alike” users – those with shared interests they are passionate about, because emotion is what drives social sharing.
- Which channels your audience is most active on – they might not be the ones you expect.
- The content, topics, and trends your audience can’t help but interact with and share.
- Who your Advocates and Influencers are that drive the most engagement.
- Where is the most opportunity to connect with audiences psychographic attributes.
Social Listening Articles
Everything you think you know about babies is outdated these days, except when it comes to strollers, as parents in the EMEA are feeling positively passionate about old-fashioned prams! Retailers can take credit for this phenomenon, in part, but the heart of this...
There’s nothing better than finding consumers who are wild for your brand. These audiences aren’t always obvious, however. You’ve got to use your social listening skills to reveal their secret social hideaways – but it’s worth it. Open Yourself to New Channels of...
National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo) starts November 1st and it happens worldwide. What is it exactly? It’s an opportunity for savvy social media listeners selling any products or services relevant to writers to target this niche group for a full month! And...