What is Social Listening?
Tuning into what consumers are saying tells you everything you could ever need to know about your audience – allowing you to say exactly the right thing when you speak.
3 Things you Need to Know
- Social media listening is searching the web and the social space to see what’s being said about your company, your competitors and other topics of interest.
- There are dozens of different ways to use social listening for your business.
- Natural language processing (NLP) is key to obtaining accurate customer sentiment.
What is "Social Listening" for
Are demographics useless then? No – but they’re not the end-all-be-all. Demographics give you a starting point – that audience you assume you have. But when you delve into psychographic attributes you’re often surprised to discover your audience is more expansive than you realized.
How to gain better results with Social Listening?
- Segments of “feel-alike” users – those with shared interests they are passionate about, because emotion is what drives social sharing.
- Which channels your audience is most active on – they might not be the ones you expect.
- The content, topics, and trends your audience can’t help but interact with and share.
- Who your Advocates and Influencers are that drive the most engagement.
- Where is the most opportunity to connect with audiences psychographic attributes.
Social Listening Articles
The rise in popularity of Direct to Consumer (D2C) sales is accelerating and brands seek to recover from COVID-19. And smart companies are hitching a ride on this fast-moving sales strategy to maximize their presence and connect directly to consumers. Appealing widely...
As the world recuperates and consumers everywhere are feeling hesitant to resume life as usual, recovery mode must be focused on supplying what customers need – and those needs have changed drastically in the past few months. Retaining customers in the long run...
Etsy is experiencing unexpected growing profits during this pandemic. Best known for its vintage and homemade/handmade items, the do it yourself (DIY) giant has reported an unprecedented boom in sales, as the company makes masks for millions - both physically and...