What is Social Listening?
Tuning into what consumers are saying tells you everything you could ever need to know about your audience – allowing you to say exactly the right thing when you speak.
3 Things you Need to Know
- Social media listening is searching the web and the social space to see what’s being said about your company, your competitors and other topics of interest.
- There are dozens of different ways to use social listening for your business.
- Natural language processing (NLP) is key to obtaining accurate customer sentiment.
What is "Social Listening" for
Are demographics useless then? No – but they’re not the end-all-be-all. Demographics give you a starting point – that audience you assume you have. But when you delve into psychographic attributes you’re often surprised to discover your audience is more expansive than you realized.
How to gain better results with Social Listening?
- Segments of “feel-alike” users – those with shared interests they are passionate about, because emotion is what drives social sharing.
- Which channels your audience is most active on – they might not be the ones you expect.
- The content, topics, and trends your audience can’t help but interact with and share.
- Who your Advocates and Influencers are that drive the most engagement.
- Where is the most opportunity to connect with audiences psychographic attributes.
Social Listening Articles
As more casual restaurants and eateries begin resembling their fast-food cousins, how are high-end dining establishments staying afloat? Many are not, but quite a few have pivoted to capture market share with off-premises options that are squeezing competitors out....
Being stuck inside has most of the world getting reacquainted with their spatula and mixing bowls. With everyone cooking at home right now, this gives brands opportunities, if they're listening! Tracking trends of coronavirus cooking around the world reveals lots of...
In recent years a return to DIY and Urban Farming has grown substantially as people are weighing the benefits of eating healthy and how it improves their life physically, mentally and emotionally. But with recent events, and the threat of the coronavirus shutting down...