What is Social Listening?
Tuning into what consumers are saying tells you everything you could ever need to know about your audience – allowing you to say exactly the right thing when you speak.
3 Things you Need to Know
- Social media listening is searching the web and the social space to see what’s being said about your company, your competitors and other topics of interest.
- There are dozens of different ways to use social listening for your business.
- Natural language processing (NLP) is key to obtaining accurate customer sentiment.
What is "Social Listening" for
Are demographics useless then? No – but they’re not the end-all-be-all. Demographics give you a starting point – that audience you assume you have. But when you delve into psychographic attributes you’re often surprised to discover your audience is more expansive than you realized.
How to gain better results with Social Listening?
- Segments of “feel-alike” users – those with shared interests they are passionate about, because emotion is what drives social sharing.
- Which channels your audience is most active on – they might not be the ones you expect.
- The content, topics, and trends your audience can’t help but interact with and share.
- Who your Advocates and Influencers are that drive the most engagement.
- Where is the most opportunity to connect with audiences psychographic attributes.
Social Listening Articles
As Selection Sunday hits this weekend, coworkers around the country will distribute March Madness bracket sheets to get their office pools going. How can your brand get in on the fun? Let's do a little social media listening with Instant Search to gauge the...
With so much information about social listening tools out there, it can be hard to know where to focus your energy. We've rounded up 15 experts to share their views on what matters most as you apply social insights. 1. Increase Brand Awareness with Perfectly-Timed...
What do you get when you ask 500 senior marketers in Europe how they use social media listening? The NetBase Social Media Market Survey 2018: Europe! Here's a sneak peek of the insights these marketers shared: Social Media Listening Beyond Marketing Smartly, European...