What is Social Listening?
Tuning into what consumers are saying tells you everything you could ever need to know about your audience – allowing you to say exactly the right thing when you speak.
3 Things you Need to Know
- Social media listening is searching the web and the social space to see what’s being said about your company, your competitors and other topics of interest.
- There are dozens of different ways to use social listening for your business.
- Natural language processing (NLP) is key to obtaining accurate customer sentiment.
What is "Social Listening" for
Are demographics useless then? No – but they’re not the end-all-be-all. Demographics give you a starting point – that audience you assume you have. But when you delve into psychographic attributes you’re often surprised to discover your audience is more expansive than you realized.
How to gain better results with Social Listening?
- Segments of “feel-alike” users – those with shared interests they are passionate about, because emotion is what drives social sharing.
- Which channels your audience is most active on – they might not be the ones you expect.
- The content, topics, and trends your audience can’t help but interact with and share.
- Who your Advocates and Influencers are that drive the most engagement.
- Where is the most opportunity to connect with audiences psychographic attributes.
Social Listening Articles
“Listen more than you talk.” It may be a cliche, but it’s good advice, both in interpersonal relationships and in social media marketing. Most marketers recognize (or they should!) that it’s important to monitor or “listen” for mentions of their brand on social media....
Selling the merits of social media analytics is easy enough – when things go right. If your social listening campaign efforts are less than desirable, here are some strategies to fix what's not working. 1. Remember it's never about your brand Yes, you've got a message...
Marketing may be creative, but it also must be precise – lest your beautifully crafted messaging fall on indifferent ears. Here are 7 brands using social media analytics tools to power campaigns and other brand strategies around hot topics happening in real-time....