What is Social Listening?
Tuning into what consumers are saying tells you everything you could ever need to know about your audience – allowing you to say exactly the right thing when you speak.
3 Things you Need to Know
- Social media listening is searching the web and the social space to see what’s being said about your company, your competitors and other topics of interest.
- There are dozens of different ways to use social listening for your business.
- Natural language processing (NLP) is key to obtaining accurate customer sentiment.
What is "Social Listening" for
Are demographics useless then? No – but they’re not the end-all-be-all. Demographics give you a starting point – that audience you assume you have. But when you delve into psychographic attributes you’re often surprised to discover your audience is more expansive than you realized.
How to gain better results with Social Listening?
- Segments of “feel-alike” users – those with shared interests they are passionate about, because emotion is what drives social sharing.
- Which channels your audience is most active on – they might not be the ones you expect.
- The content, topics, and trends your audience can’t help but interact with and share.
- Who your Advocates and Influencers are that drive the most engagement.
- Where is the most opportunity to connect with audiences psychographic attributes.
Social Listening Articles
What's the big deal about NLP – or Natural Language Processing? Well, it's the only way you'll ever be able to precisely target shoppers no matter what the occasion. Here's how. Conversation = clues You might think you know who your audience is and what they want, but...
Social media is a land of shortcuts – limited characters, abbreviated, coded languages like "netspeak," 20-second looping videos, and all manner of images. Are your social analytics tools capable of image recognition? Here's why they have to be. Images are everywhere...
If all social listening tools share the goal of shining a light on consumers' social conversations, how do you know which one to choose? Here are five features we feel elevate social listening tools from average to a powerful force for social intelligence. 1....