What is Social Listening?
Tuning into what consumers are saying tells you everything you could ever need to know about your audience – allowing you to say exactly the right thing when you speak.
3 Things you Need to Know
- Social media listening is searching the web and the social space to see what’s being said about your company, your competitors and other topics of interest.
- There are dozens of different ways to use social listening for your business.
- Natural language processing (NLP) is key to obtaining accurate customer sentiment.
What is "Social Listening" for
Are demographics useless then? No – but they’re not the end-all-be-all. Demographics give you a starting point – that audience you assume you have. But when you delve into psychographic attributes you’re often surprised to discover your audience is more expansive than you realized.
How to gain better results with Social Listening?
- Segments of “feel-alike” users – those with shared interests they are passionate about, because emotion is what drives social sharing.
- Which channels your audience is most active on – they might not be the ones you expect.
- The content, topics, and trends your audience can’t help but interact with and share.
- Who your Advocates and Influencers are that drive the most engagement.
- Where is the most opportunity to connect with audiences psychographic attributes.
Social Listening Articles
Ignorance of what’s happening and being said about your brand online, is no excuse. And fallout from it, is still your fault. Brands must monitor social conversation or face harsh consequences. Just ask Nano Magic. If you’re not online monitoring brand mentions, what...
The big question every UK business is facing will soon be answered - when we open will they come? Digital consumer intelligence helps uncover how things will look, as well as trouble spots that shops should pay attention to during these early days of reopening. And it...
Travel will look very different in the coming months and Easyjet is taking a proactive approach to getting out ahead of these changes. They seek to accommodate even the youngest of travelers by offering comic book inspired face coverings to make wearing masks a little...