What is Social Listening?
Tuning into what consumers are saying tells you everything you could ever need to know about your audience – allowing you to say exactly the right thing when you speak.
3 Things you Need to Know
- Social media listening is searching the web and the social space to see what’s being said about your company, your competitors and other topics of interest.
- There are dozens of different ways to use social listening for your business.
- Natural language processing (NLP) is key to obtaining accurate customer sentiment.
What is "Social Listening" for
Are demographics useless then? No – but they’re not the end-all-be-all. Demographics give you a starting point – that audience you assume you have. But when you delve into psychographic attributes you’re often surprised to discover your audience is more expansive than you realized.
How to gain better results with Social Listening?
- Segments of “feel-alike” users – those with shared interests they are passionate about, because emotion is what drives social sharing.
- Which channels your audience is most active on – they might not be the ones you expect.
- The content, topics, and trends your audience can’t help but interact with and share.
- Who your Advocates and Influencers are that drive the most engagement.
- Where is the most opportunity to connect with audiences psychographic attributes.
Social Listening Articles
Does your brand have a handle on the social conversation happening around its Owned, Earned and Partnered content? It should! We’ll show you how it looks and why it’s mission critical to your brand’s online success. Why Converged Media Metrics are a Game Changer As...
Every brand has to worry over staying relevant with today’s fickle and digitally distracted consumers. So, uncovering ways to extend a brand’s shelf life are essential – and readily available, thanks to social listening. And it doesn’t require a full reimagining of a...
Your influencer marketing strategy could use a little TLC – and this ten-step guide is just what the doctor ordered. You’ll find the steps for constructing a solid influencer marketing foundation as you enhance audience understanding and create benchmarks to measure...