What is Social Listening?
Tuning into what consumers are saying tells you everything you could ever need to know about your audience – allowing you to say exactly the right thing when you speak.
3 Things you Need to Know
- Social media listening is searching the web and the social space to see what’s being said about your company, your competitors and other topics of interest.
- There are dozens of different ways to use social listening for your business.
- Natural language processing (NLP) is key to obtaining accurate customer sentiment.
What is "Social Listening" for
Are demographics useless then? No – but they’re not the end-all-be-all. Demographics give you a starting point – that audience you assume you have. But when you delve into psychographic attributes you’re often surprised to discover your audience is more expansive than you realized.
How to gain better results with Social Listening?
- Segments of “feel-alike” users – those with shared interests they are passionate about, because emotion is what drives social sharing.
- Which channels your audience is most active on – they might not be the ones you expect.
- The content, topics, and trends your audience can’t help but interact with and share.
- Who your Advocates and Influencers are that drive the most engagement.
- Where is the most opportunity to connect with audiences psychographic attributes.
Social Listening Articles
As we shared previously, social segmenting is the key to audience connection. When you use sentiment analysis to divide your audience into feel-alike segments you can talk to them on an individualized level. Here's more about what that means, and how to apply insights...
No one questions the importance of branding nowadays – but social media branding is its own ball of wax. Here's why the distinction matters. Your brand isn't enough Just as websites were a necessary brand investment in the 90's, a branded social presence is critical...
Our last piece on social segmenting talked about the overall purpose and concept of segmenting your social audience. Now let's look at how to go further for amazing results. Start with your brand Your starting point is your brand – and those who are liking,...