What is Social Listening?
Tuning into what consumers are saying tells you everything you could ever need to know about your audience – allowing you to say exactly the right thing when you speak.
3 Things you Need to Know
- Social media listening is searching the web and the social space to see what’s being said about your company, your competitors and other topics of interest.
- There are dozens of different ways to use social listening for your business.
- Natural language processing (NLP) is key to obtaining accurate customer sentiment.
What is "Social Listening" for
Are demographics useless then? No – but they’re not the end-all-be-all. Demographics give you a starting point – that audience you assume you have. But when you delve into psychographic attributes you’re often surprised to discover your audience is more expansive than you realized.
How to gain better results with Social Listening?
- Segments of “feel-alike” users – those with shared interests they are passionate about, because emotion is what drives social sharing.
- Which channels your audience is most active on – they might not be the ones you expect.
- The content, topics, and trends your audience can’t help but interact with and share.
- Who your Advocates and Influencers are that drive the most engagement.
- Where is the most opportunity to connect with audiences psychographic attributes.
Social Listening Articles
It might seem ironic, but the key to marketing in the digital age lies in brands acting more human. But how do you establish emotional connections with perfect strangers on social? By letting them lead. Power shift There was a time when it made sense to think of your...
Oxford Dictionaries' Word of the Year was the laughing-crying emoji. Like it or not, these expressive little images are here to stay. And as they’re one of your best social selling tools, that's not a bad thing at all. Social due diligence: Emojis aren’t just for...
Real-time social media monitoring gives marketers an instant connection to the most sought-after target audiences. For candidates in the upcoming presidential election, one of those audiences is surely Latino voters. How can the candidates best reach them? That's a...