What is Social Listening?
Tuning into what consumers are saying tells you everything you could ever need to know about your audience – allowing you to say exactly the right thing when you speak.
3 Things you Need to Know
- Social media listening is searching the web and the social space to see what’s being said about your company, your competitors and other topics of interest.
- There are dozens of different ways to use social listening for your business.
- Natural language processing (NLP) is key to obtaining accurate customer sentiment.
What is "Social Listening" for
Are demographics useless then? No – but they’re not the end-all-be-all. Demographics give you a starting point – that audience you assume you have. But when you delve into psychographic attributes you’re often surprised to discover your audience is more expansive than you realized.
How to gain better results with Social Listening?
- Segments of “feel-alike” users – those with shared interests they are passionate about, because emotion is what drives social sharing.
- Which channels your audience is most active on – they might not be the ones you expect.
- The content, topics, and trends your audience can’t help but interact with and share.
- Who your Advocates and Influencers are that drive the most engagement.
- Where is the most opportunity to connect with audiences psychographic attributes.
Social Listening Articles
Photo credit: https://perzonseo.com/ It's easy to think Instagram is a bit of a throwaway social network – but there's a lot more to getting it right than brands may think. Here are some common mistakes to avoid. 1. Not planning Instagram feels "fluffy" because it's...
Brands and businesses – especially SMBs – have to weigh carefully the social media channels they interact on against the time they have to manage such interactions. No, you don't have to be on every social platform – but if you assume you don't have to be on Pinterest...
Just when you think you've got a handle on Millennials, here come the Centennials. Also known as Gen Z, this coming-of-age generation stands out in a number of ways. Let's take a look. Breaking down Gens Y and Z First, what constitutes membership in Gen Y or Gen Z?...