What is Social Listening?
Tuning into what consumers are saying tells you everything you could ever need to know about your audience – allowing you to say exactly the right thing when you speak.
3 Things you Need to Know
- Social media listening is searching the web and the social space to see what’s being said about your company, your competitors and other topics of interest.
- There are dozens of different ways to use social listening for your business.
- Natural language processing (NLP) is key to obtaining accurate customer sentiment.
What is "Social Listening" for
Are demographics useless then? No – but they’re not the end-all-be-all. Demographics give you a starting point – that audience you assume you have. But when you delve into psychographic attributes you’re often surprised to discover your audience is more expansive than you realized.
How to gain better results with Social Listening?
- Segments of “feel-alike” users – those with shared interests they are passionate about, because emotion is what drives social sharing.
- Which channels your audience is most active on – they might not be the ones you expect.
- The content, topics, and trends your audience can’t help but interact with and share.
- Who your Advocates and Influencers are that drive the most engagement.
- Where is the most opportunity to connect with audiences psychographic attributes.
Social Listening Articles
Real-time social media monitoring gives marketers an instant connection to the most sought-after target audiences. For candidates in the upcoming presidential election, one of those audiences is surely Latino voters. How can the candidates best reach them? That's a...
What effect do emojis have on our languages? Will they allow us to convey tone of voice in text? Have you ever wondered how heart and poop emojis work grammatically? Social media, from a linguistic point of view, can shed some light on this. But first, let’s explore...
Emojis, netspeak, slang… Character limitations on social platforms have spawned an entirely new language online. Sometimes we even hashtags things "IRL" – in real life. It’s just how we talk now. Decoding this new language and taking it into account is paramount to...