What is Social Listening?
Tuning into what consumers are saying tells you everything you could ever need to know about your audience – allowing you to say exactly the right thing when you speak.
3 Things you Need to Know
- Social media listening is searching the web and the social space to see what’s being said about your company, your competitors and other topics of interest.
- There are dozens of different ways to use social listening for your business.
- Natural language processing (NLP) is key to obtaining accurate customer sentiment.
What is "Social Listening" for
Are demographics useless then? No – but they’re not the end-all-be-all. Demographics give you a starting point – that audience you assume you have. But when you delve into psychographic attributes you’re often surprised to discover your audience is more expansive than you realized.
How to gain better results with Social Listening?
- Segments of “feel-alike” users – those with shared interests they are passionate about, because emotion is what drives social sharing.
- Which channels your audience is most active on – they might not be the ones you expect.
- The content, topics, and trends your audience can’t help but interact with and share.
- Who your Advocates and Influencers are that drive the most engagement.
- Where is the most opportunity to connect with audiences psychographic attributes.
Social Listening Articles
What is being said about your brand online right now matters. It shapes perception, which drives audiences toward - or away from - your products and services. So, which conversations and resulting “stories” do brands need to be aware of with their social listening?...
There are so many businesses out there that are in need of agencies with social listening expertise. And agencies 'in the know,' who are able to guide businesses over this digital terrain, are in high demand. That doesn’t mean the environment isn’t competitive though....
Fashion influencer fraud is a troubling trend in the industry. Brands need to know how to spot fake fashionistas or they’re putting their brand – and marketing dollars – at risk. Currently costing brands more than one billion each year, fashion influencer fraud is big...