What is Social Listening?
Tuning into what consumers are saying tells you everything you could ever need to know about your audience – allowing you to say exactly the right thing when you speak.
3 Things you Need to Know
- Social media listening is searching the web and the social space to see what’s being said about your company, your competitors and other topics of interest.
- There are dozens of different ways to use social listening for your business.
- Natural language processing (NLP) is key to obtaining accurate customer sentiment.
What is "Social Listening" for
Are demographics useless then? No – but they’re not the end-all-be-all. Demographics give you a starting point – that audience you assume you have. But when you delve into psychographic attributes you’re often surprised to discover your audience is more expansive than you realized.
How to gain better results with Social Listening?
- Segments of “feel-alike” users – those with shared interests they are passionate about, because emotion is what drives social sharing.
- Which channels your audience is most active on – they might not be the ones you expect.
- The content, topics, and trends your audience can’t help but interact with and share.
- Who your Advocates and Influencers are that drive the most engagement.
- Where is the most opportunity to connect with audiences psychographic attributes.
Social Listening Articles
Updated July 2019. Many brands are confused about how social data is captured and applied – and that can prove fatal, as it’s crucial to informing brand strategy. What is social listening exactly? Let’s find out – along with the many ways it’s important...
How fast can your brand pivot – and what criteria would you use to justify a costly product design decision? Nike’s ‘just do it’ slogan morphed Matrix-style into ‘just cancel it’ when presented with insight it hadn’t considered. Let’s explore the influencer sentiment...
While most make plans to watch fireworks and spend time with family or friends for this fabulous fourth, a few hearty souls are busy prepping for a very different kind of Independence Day – eating till they can’t breathe comfortably at the July 4th competitive eating...