What is Social Media Intelligence?
The term social media intelligence was advanced in a 2012 paper written by Sir David Omand, Jamie Bartlett and Carl Miller for the Centre for the Analysis of Social Media, at the London-based think tank.
3 Things you Need to Know
- Social Media Intelligence are the collective tools and solutions that enable organizations to monitor social channels and conversations.
- The most common uses are – brand health, competitive analysis, and crisis management.
- Natural language processing (NLP) is key to obtaining accurate customer sentiment.
It's all about being ready
Being prepared for the worst is your best chance to avoid it happening in the first place. Here’s how:
- Stay in the know – a single negative tweet isn’t a crisis, but ignoring it could turn it into one. Pay attention to the little things and solve problems while they’re small enough to be solved; set up alerts to notify you of highly negative keywords and trends.
- Establish a baseline – you can’t know if sentiment is off unless you know where you stand on a typical day, so you’ve got to track overall brand health, core issues, and emerging themes regularly.
- Establish a Social Crisis Plan – everyone should know their role if a crisis unfolds. Develop a repeatable framework and process for handling future events. Identify areas of success and opportunities for improvement. And systematize it.
Social Media Intelligence
Influencer marketing is big business these days, with brands allocating a significant spend toward enticing top influencers to generate awareness in today’s highly competitive online environment. And that applies to every vertical. But is it working? And how can...
Influencer collaboration offers incredible marketing potential for brands – and incredible earning potential for influencers! As a result, wannabe brand influencers eagerly aspire to emulate what these niche pros offer, and they’ve become expert at it - expert...
As we prep for Q2 of 2019, brands should consider performing a social media audit – especially if they haven’t done one recently. Here are five tactics you must take stock of to stay on track over the long term. Overall Tool Efficacy Before we get to the list – be...