What is Social Media Intelligence?
The term social media intelligence was advanced in a 2012 paper written by Sir David Omand, Jamie Bartlett and Carl Miller for the Centre for the Analysis of Social Media, at the London-based think tank.
3 Things you Need to Know
- Social Media Intelligence are the collective tools and solutions that enable organizations to monitor social channels and conversations.
- The most common uses are – brand health, competitive analysis, and crisis management.
- Natural language processing (NLP) is key to obtaining accurate customer sentiment.
It's all about being ready
Being prepared for the worst is your best chance to avoid it happening in the first place. Here’s how:
- Stay in the know – a single negative tweet isn’t a crisis, but ignoring it could turn it into one. Pay attention to the little things and solve problems while they’re small enough to be solved; set up alerts to notify you of highly negative keywords and trends.
- Establish a baseline – you can’t know if sentiment is off unless you know where you stand on a typical day, so you’ve got to track overall brand health, core issues, and emerging themes regularly.
- Establish a Social Crisis Plan – everyone should know their role if a crisis unfolds. Develop a repeatable framework and process for handling future events. Identify areas of success and opportunities for improvement. And systematize it.
Social Media Intelligence
It’s the day we’ve been eagerly anticipating all month – NetBase LIVE New York! A day full of social analytics expertise from industry leading brands and equally impressive participants seeking in-depth answers. High expectations all around. Let’s see how it went!...
Brands know that vanity metrics, specifically ‘likes,’ are meaningless without understanding the “why” behind them. But that doesn’t mean they’re ready to do without them. And measuring awareness on Instagram once the likes are gone is a real concern for businesses –...
Having artificial intelligence powering your brand’s social analytics is table stakes, but AI comes in a variety of iterations these days – and yes, there’s such a thing as “old AI” at this point! And when smart AI isn’t all it’s cracked up to be, your brand’s health...