What is Social Media Intelligence?
The term social media intelligence was advanced in a 2012 paper written by Sir David Omand, Jamie Bartlett and Carl Miller for the Centre for the Analysis of Social Media, at the London-based think tank.
3 Things you Need to Know
- Social Media Intelligence are the collective tools and solutions that enable organizations to monitor social channels and conversations.
- The most common uses are – brand health, competitive analysis, and crisis management.
- Natural language processing (NLP) is key to obtaining accurate customer sentiment.
It's all about being ready
Being prepared for the worst is your best chance to avoid it happening in the first place. Here’s how:
- Stay in the know – a single negative tweet isn’t a crisis, but ignoring it could turn it into one. Pay attention to the little things and solve problems while they’re small enough to be solved; set up alerts to notify you of highly negative keywords and trends.
- Establish a baseline – you can’t know if sentiment is off unless you know where you stand on a typical day, so you’ve got to track overall brand health, core issues, and emerging themes regularly.
- Establish a Social Crisis Plan – everyone should know their role if a crisis unfolds. Develop a repeatable framework and process for handling future events. Identify areas of success and opportunities for improvement. And systematize it.
Social Media Intelligence
Searching for ways to boost your Instagram marketing? Many brands are unaware of how crucial it is to have both your brand and any partners (including influencers) switch to business mode in Instagram. We’ll explain why this is, and what business accounts, as well as...
Every brand could stand to do better on social – and not just from a social marketing standpoint. Each company can be found somewhere on the social media maturity spectrum and its sophistication (or lack thereof) comes with different challenges and opportunities. Our...
Beauty brands take note: Glossier’s $100M beauty biz was made possible, in large part, by some savvy social media marketing and online listening. And we’re going to show you how that looks and ways you can do the same! Before we explore how they’re doing it, let’s...