What is Social Media Intelligence?
The term social media intelligence was advanced in a 2012 paper written by Sir David Omand, Jamie Bartlett and Carl Miller for the Centre for the Analysis of Social Media, at the London-based think tank.
3 Things you Need to Know
- Social Media Intelligence are the collective tools and solutions that enable organizations to monitor social channels and conversations.
- The most common uses are – brand health, competitive analysis, and crisis management.
- Natural language processing (NLP) is key to obtaining accurate customer sentiment.
It's all about being ready
Being prepared for the worst is your best chance to avoid it happening in the first place. Here’s how:
- Stay in the know – a single negative tweet isn’t a crisis, but ignoring it could turn it into one. Pay attention to the little things and solve problems while they’re small enough to be solved; set up alerts to notify you of highly negative keywords and trends.
- Establish a baseline – you can’t know if sentiment is off unless you know where you stand on a typical day, so you’ve got to track overall brand health, core issues, and emerging themes regularly.
- Establish a Social Crisis Plan – everyone should know their role if a crisis unfolds. Develop a repeatable framework and process for handling future events. Identify areas of success and opportunities for improvement. And systematize it.
Social Media Intelligence
Twitter has been around since 2006 and a lot has changed, but there are a few things that have not. Three things to be precise. Three Twitter tactics that benefit from social listening – meaning you can become a Twitter ninja in no time. And we know that’s everyone’s...
Course corrections are as inevitable in marketing as they are out on the ocean, but the indicators requiring the change are much less obvious. And agencies will miss these warning buoys if they’re not picking out the correct voices to listen to in the cacophony that...
There are so many businesses out there that are in need of agencies with social listening expertise. And agencies 'in the know,' who are able to guide businesses over this digital terrain, are in high demand. That doesn’t mean the environment isn’t competitive though....