What is Social Media Intelligence?
The term social media intelligence was advanced in a 2012 paper written by Sir David Omand, Jamie Bartlett and Carl Miller for the Centre for the Analysis of Social Media, at the London-based think tank.
3 Things you Need to Know
- Social Media Intelligence are the collective tools and solutions that enable organizations to monitor social channels and conversations.
- The most common uses are – brand health, competitive analysis, and crisis management.
- Natural language processing (NLP) is key to obtaining accurate customer sentiment.
It's all about being ready
Being prepared for the worst is your best chance to avoid it happening in the first place. Here’s how:
- Stay in the know – a single negative tweet isn’t a crisis, but ignoring it could turn it into one. Pay attention to the little things and solve problems while they’re small enough to be solved; set up alerts to notify you of highly negative keywords and trends.
- Establish a baseline – you can’t know if sentiment is off unless you know where you stand on a typical day, so you’ve got to track overall brand health, core issues, and emerging themes regularly.
- Establish a Social Crisis Plan – everyone should know their role if a crisis unfolds. Develop a repeatable framework and process for handling future events. Identify areas of success and opportunities for improvement. And systematize it.
Social Media Intelligence
Basing important strategic decisions on AI-powered social analytics, at least in part, is wise. But only if the analytics are auditable. Otherwise, you’ll do just as well asking a magic 8-ball for answers or relying on a poorly programmed image recognition app! Here’s...
We just wrapped up Day One of NetBase LIVE in L.A. and are headed back today for Day Two! We'll have an in-depth recap soon, but here’s a quick look at top moments we hope you didn’t miss! And if you did, there’s still time to join us next month, November 12 and 13...
What dictates consumers’ media consumption habits? And what can media and entertainment brands do to keep pace with these ever-changing needs? We explore that and more in our Social Media Industry Report 2019: Media & Entertainment. And we have a preview of the...