What is Social Media Intelligence?
The term social media intelligence was advanced in a 2012 paper written by Sir David Omand, Jamie Bartlett and Carl Miller for the Centre for the Analysis of Social Media, at the London-based think tank.
3 Things you Need to Know
- Social Media Intelligence are the collective tools and solutions that enable organizations to monitor social channels and conversations.
- The most common uses are – brand health, competitive analysis, and crisis management.
- Natural language processing (NLP) is key to obtaining accurate customer sentiment.
It's all about being ready
Being prepared for the worst is your best chance to avoid it happening in the first place. Here’s how:
- Stay in the know – a single negative tweet isn’t a crisis, but ignoring it could turn it into one. Pay attention to the little things and solve problems while they’re small enough to be solved; set up alerts to notify you of highly negative keywords and trends.
- Establish a baseline – you can’t know if sentiment is off unless you know where you stand on a typical day, so you’ve got to track overall brand health, core issues, and emerging themes regularly.
- Establish a Social Crisis Plan – everyone should know their role if a crisis unfolds. Develop a repeatable framework and process for handling future events. Identify areas of success and opportunities for improvement. And systematize it.
Social Media Intelligence
No industry is immune to change – and the hospitality industry is no exception. But what changes can hotel brands expect moving forward, and how can they avoid disruption by innovative competitors? The NetBase 2018 Social Intelligence Report: Hotels has all the...
We hear a lot about the ills of social media and how it’s leading to a more emotionally disconnected populace, as we’re all buried in our phones. But it’s also been responsible for some pretty amazing things, including acting as a catalyst for change. And one country...
International marketing campaigns offer exceptional reach for any brand, but there are unique considerations to keep top-of-mind, beyond what one would typically pay attention to, when focused domestically. Social media listening makes the effort much more manageable,...