What is Social Media Intelligence?
The term social media intelligence was advanced in a 2012 paper written by Sir David Omand, Jamie Bartlett and Carl Miller for the Centre for the Analysis of Social Media, at the London-based think tank.
3 Things you Need to Know
- Social Media Intelligence are the collective tools and solutions that enable organizations to monitor social channels and conversations.
- The most common uses are – brand health, competitive analysis, and crisis management.
- Natural language processing (NLP) is key to obtaining accurate customer sentiment.
It's all about being ready
Being prepared for the worst is your best chance to avoid it happening in the first place. Here’s how:
- Stay in the know – a single negative tweet isn’t a crisis, but ignoring it could turn it into one. Pay attention to the little things and solve problems while they’re small enough to be solved; set up alerts to notify you of highly negative keywords and trends.
- Establish a baseline – you can’t know if sentiment is off unless you know where you stand on a typical day, so you’ve got to track overall brand health, core issues, and emerging themes regularly.
- Establish a Social Crisis Plan – everyone should know their role if a crisis unfolds. Develop a repeatable framework and process for handling future events. Identify areas of success and opportunities for improvement. And systematize it.
Social Media Intelligence
Consumers returning to the drive-thru for comfort and human interaction. And at McDonalds, long chaotic lines are signaling a strong reopening vibe for all. Safety is a number one concern for both vendors and consumers, and is being rethought as contactless operations...
Recovery is the name of the game right now, and sustainability is figuring prominently in many of these conversations. Here's how and why your brand should care about this trend. And ways to start strategizing around it. Sustainability is more than a buzzword, it's...
There’s a short list of “must have” items that every brand needs to succeed, and the right social intelligence tools certainly dominate much of it these days. Brands can make it one minute and break it the next with social media missteps. So, we compiled a list of the...