What is Social Media Intelligence?
The term social media intelligence was advanced in a 2012 paper written by Sir David Omand, Jamie Bartlett and Carl Miller for the Centre for the Analysis of Social Media, at the London-based think tank.
3 Things you Need to Know
- Social Media Intelligence are the collective tools and solutions that enable organizations to monitor social channels and conversations.
- The most common uses are – brand health, competitive analysis, and crisis management.
- Natural language processing (NLP) is key to obtaining accurate customer sentiment.
It's all about being ready
Being prepared for the worst is your best chance to avoid it happening in the first place. Here’s how:
- Stay in the know – a single negative tweet isn’t a crisis, but ignoring it could turn it into one. Pay attention to the little things and solve problems while they’re small enough to be solved; set up alerts to notify you of highly negative keywords and trends.
- Establish a baseline – you can’t know if sentiment is off unless you know where you stand on a typical day, so you’ve got to track overall brand health, core issues, and emerging themes regularly.
- Establish a Social Crisis Plan – everyone should know their role if a crisis unfolds. Develop a repeatable framework and process for handling future events. Identify areas of success and opportunities for improvement. And systematize it.
Social Media Intelligence
With hit after hit coming hard at society, it is crucial for brands to be perceived as supportive/understanding. It's also important for that brand perception to be solidly established ahead of a crisis. At times like these, brand perception is more important than...
The time is ripe to innovate the way movies and TV are seen. In this new distribution world, with everyone stuck at home and quickly burning through popular series, Indie Shows with ready content can offer a lot to an audience primed by the Tiger King and hungry for...
Online shopping is here to stay, COVID-19 has seen to that. And Pinterest is perfectly positioned to sell recipe ingredients to its significant and highly engaged consumers! If you aren’t thinking about how to rebuild your business strategy to adapt to this new...