What is Social Media Intelligence?
The term social media intelligence was advanced in a 2012 paper written by Sir David Omand, Jamie Bartlett and Carl Miller for the Centre for the Analysis of Social Media, at the London-based think tank.
3 Things you Need to Know
- Social Media Intelligence are the collective tools and solutions that enable organizations to monitor social channels and conversations.
- The most common uses are – brand health, competitive analysis, and crisis management.
- Natural language processing (NLP) is key to obtaining accurate customer sentiment.
It's all about being ready
Being prepared for the worst is your best chance to avoid it happening in the first place. Here’s how:
- Stay in the know – a single negative tweet isn’t a crisis, but ignoring it could turn it into one. Pay attention to the little things and solve problems while they’re small enough to be solved; set up alerts to notify you of highly negative keywords and trends.
- Establish a baseline – you can’t know if sentiment is off unless you know where you stand on a typical day, so you’ve got to track overall brand health, core issues, and emerging themes regularly.
- Establish a Social Crisis Plan – everyone should know their role if a crisis unfolds. Develop a repeatable framework and process for handling future events. Identify areas of success and opportunities for improvement. And systematize it.
Social Media Intelligence
Continuous improvement is touted as a top focus in many Fortune 500 businesses. And they seem to be on to something. Shouldn’t your organization emulate that thinking? Absolutely. So, here are five ways brands must resolve to listen better in 2020 if they want to be...
Brands love using market research to inform that next big offering or to explore their standing in a competitive category. But, market research in a bubble won’t cut it. It won’t get brands the insight they need to differentiate in this digital age, and it offers...
Knowing where to direct ad spend for promotions and other campaigns is super important. Wasting budget on a social site that your target segment doesn’t frequent is tragic, and easily avoided by using social analytics to determine channel targeting! Understanding...