What is Social Media Intelligence?
The term social media intelligence was advanced in a 2012 paper written by Sir David Omand, Jamie Bartlett and Carl Miller for the Centre for the Analysis of Social Media, at the London-based think tank.
3 Things you Need to Know
- Social Media Intelligence are the collective tools and solutions that enable organizations to monitor social channels and conversations.
- The most common uses are – brand health, competitive analysis, and crisis management.
- Natural language processing (NLP) is key to obtaining accurate customer sentiment.
It's all about being ready
Being prepared for the worst is your best chance to avoid it happening in the first place. Here’s how:
- Stay in the know – a single negative tweet isn’t a crisis, but ignoring it could turn it into one. Pay attention to the little things and solve problems while they’re small enough to be solved; set up alerts to notify you of highly negative keywords and trends.
- Establish a baseline – you can’t know if sentiment is off unless you know where you stand on a typical day, so you’ve got to track overall brand health, core issues, and emerging themes regularly.
- Establish a Social Crisis Plan – everyone should know their role if a crisis unfolds. Develop a repeatable framework and process for handling future events. Identify areas of success and opportunities for improvement. And systematize it.
Social Media Intelligence
The big question every UK business is facing will soon be answered - when we open will they come? Digital consumer intelligence helps uncover how things will look, as well as trouble spots that shops should pay attention to during these early days of reopening. And it...
As communities reopen for business, brands need to be ready to accommodate the reverse culture shock that consumers are feeling. Many may not even know this is what they’re experiencing, so capturing and closely monitoring consumer experience will be crucial. And...
Standing out from competitors today requires strategic marketing informed by digital consumer intelligence. Leading brands in every category rely on its insight every day - and your brand should be too! Digital consumer intelligence is a brand's everything - and we...